Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Tuesday Afternoon: ADHD Links

So unlike my typical narrative style links, I wanted to share with you today some links from a variety of different topics that I found interesting over the past few days. Here goes:

The New York Times wrote about how the paralyzed might not be permanently paralyzed for too much longer. I've heard of this technology before and studies where people were able to control computers with sensors plugged to their brains, but this is a huge step. This leap is for controlling robotic limbs with one's mind.

Then there's this in the super-progressive state of Florida: driverless cars are now hitting the road. Florida is just one of a few states that is allowed to test them so far.

But I also found out that wind turbines might not be as great savers of the environment as we thought...turns out that they are responsible for localized climate changes.

Then I read about how smart phones are changing the nature of our cultural spaces.

I also found this interesting about what tastes Chinese consumers have as they grow wealthier.

Finally, to keep up the tech theme here, this article from Forbes really hits the nail on the head as to why the Facebook IPO was such a flop.

Lastly, because I know if I don't post it Matt will twist the sh*t out of it, Dems are revolting against Obama's harshness towards capitalism and Bain; and Mark Cuban thinks the next bubble is in student debt.

2 comments:

  1. I'm surprised that you guys haven't weighed in on the JP Morgan news story. I have yet to hear a credible argument as to why anyone except JP Morgan shareholders should be concerned about this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. John, we probably should have gotten to it but it just hasn't happened yet. Basically, that's exactly what I would be arguing though.

    ReplyDelete